Why this software?
It is very easy to list a folder in Windows via a BAT file with the commands MS-DOS DIR or TREE. But it is not very clear in the reading and there are often problems with special characters when saving the list.
Having some knowledge of programming I told myself that it was in my abilities to make simpler, more readable with more features. So I started this project ...
Instructions for use
Launch the utility, then select folder(s) to list and the location where will be registered the list. Then click the button « Generate the list ». Note that you can reach more ample parameters via the vertical button to the right.
The file generated by default is the format HTM and can be read via a Web browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox (With Internet Explorer, you must allow the script).
If you do not want to waste time configuring the folder to list and the location where will be registered the list. Simply place the utility in the folder to list, run it and then click the button « Generate the list ».
And even less time wasted, namely that you can also add the utility to the right click and save your settings.
The main features of LUD
- Available formats
- - Document WEB : HTM/HTML
- - Document text : TXT
- - Document Excel : XLS/XLSX/CSV
- Possibility of
- - Filter extensions
- - Filter on files by regular expression
- - List one or more folders
- - List only folders or only files
- - Include/exclude hidden files and folders
- - Include/exclude the content of subdirectories
- - Sort the list by name, type, size, creation date or modification date
- - Add the app to the right click
- - Save/reset settings
- - Archive file in ZIP format
- - Debug mode enabled
- Possibility display the
- - File size
- - Deleting Extensions
- - Number of items of every folder
- - Clickable links pointing to files
- - Creation/modification date of folders and files with customization
Windows XP/Vista/7/8.x/10 32/64 bit
Requires that .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile is installed
The generated file is independent from the application and can be read on any OS provided with a Web browser.
It can also be printed without problems (do not forget to enable background images when printing).
Comments, critics or ideas
- LUD 2.0 Apr 1st, 2018 - 2 times
- Ability to list local network folders
- Ability to view and sort the file modification date
- Ability to list files without their extensions
- Ability to integrate clickable links for WEB / EXCEL output
- Ability to save the EXCEL list in CSV format
- Ability to keep the application open after generation
- Ability to not automatically select the current folder at launch
- Ability to apply a regular expression on files
- Added a debug mode that lists the exceptions encountered
- DPI adjustment that corrects the blur effect during the Windows zoom
- Improved memorization of parameters
- General improvement of all output files
- Improved application design
- General reorganization of the source code and bug fixes of all kinds
- LUD 1.17 Jun 19th, 2014 - 94 times
- Reorganization forms and fixes of small bugs
- Window resizable
- Fixed a bug when changing language
- Fixed a bug in the XLS generation in Office 2003
- LUD 1.16 May 19th, 2014 - 70 times
- Ability to generate the list in XLS/XLSX (Excel)
- Utility now available in English
- Fixed bugs on change extensions in XP
© LUD - Freeware - Program writes by Chopin